GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I need help trying to get my truck running properly. I just bought this truck 2 weeks ago now and have been working on it to get to pass inspection in texas, denton county to be exact... first things first i bought this truck from someone who clearly had good intentions fixin up this beast but did a ****ty job i would love to find out why they did some things to this truck... ok so first problem with it not passing inspection the engine is overheating... while driving with no thermostat itll stay at about 200 degrees( with the heater cranked on.. its burning hot.. and not tolerable in this texas heat) but the moment i stop at a light or even just let it sit on idle the damn thing heats up to way past 240... water pump is working, although not sure if its a reverse pull or standard, radiator seems to be in working order (could be flushed probably), no a/c hooked up, very small oil leak, small trans leak, no power steering, it was a diesel converted to a 350, have no idea what year model the 350 is, it was takin to the shop for inspection and they messed around with my carb and distributer, and is now having a rough time ideling when first running the truck, i know they put a smallerr battery then what is said to have in it, i have an electric fan, but all in all the only real time the heat escapes the engine compartment is when im going down hill lol.
I open to any and all suggestions this is my first gmc and i want to keep it for as long as i can, small budget so keep that in mind thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts