GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Check 4Wheel Parts Wholesale before you buy. Pro Comp is a subsidiary company of 4Wheel Parts and they almost always get a better price on Pro Comp over their competitors.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tbplus10 Check 4Wheel Parts Wholesale before you buy. Pro Comp is a subsidiary company of 4Wheel Parts and they almost always get a better price on Pro Comp over their competitors.
Good to know thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Unless you gotta have the "free" gloves, I'd get the Rough Country leveling kit for $70. Rough Country Kit I just installed the kit in my buddy's '07 Silverado a couple of weeks ago - easy installation and the truck sits perfect. He's very happy with it.

Jeff

·
Registered
380 Posts
Is it bad to bend the torsion bars of a truck to raise the front up a little. And does it look bad that a 2WD truck is leveled?

·
Super Moderator
3,391 Posts
Yeah but mines a 2wd, it looks like that only works with 4wd.
I don't know if they rough country has a leveling kit for your 2wd, but they do have 2wd lift parts and the such. I'm so glad I got word of that site from GMTC, otherwise, I probably would have never found a lift kit for my 2wd Sub.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
This is the kit that I purchased for my truck. It was featured at the 2006 SEMA show and it can either be used to raise, or lower your front end while keeping the factory suspension ride quality. From what I see it does not specify 4WD or 2WD applications but 6 or 8 lug configurations and fits all torsion bar Chevy's from 1988 to present.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would like to level mine out too but that one that you are getting will raise the front up to level everything out. I want to do the opposite and lower the rear to level mine out. I talked to my dealer service manager and he said that the only lowering they will warrantee is with the rear lowering shackles to level it out.
He quoted me a price of $269 plus tax :party: when I can get the parts to do it with for $50:rofl:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Streaker I would like to level mine out too but that one that you are getting will raise the front up to level everything out. I want to do the opposite and lower the rear to level mine out. I talked to my dealer service manager and he said that the only lowering they will warrantee is with the rear lowering shackles to level it out.
He quoted me a price of $269 plus tax when I can get the parts to do it with for $50
Yeah it's cheap if you do it yourself. How come you want to lower the back?

·
Registered
18 Posts
To level it out a bit.
I'll probably leave it as it is for awhile though. I looking to find a set of 20's to go on first and then see what I need to do. I'm not looking to lower anything other than the rear just to level things out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts