GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if buying a programmer for the 2011 vortex 6.0 has any advantages or not? I know they help with the diesel trucks, but didn't know about a gas. Please advise, I was looking to get a more power and more fuel mileage.. thanks for all the advice

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
The programmers for gas trucks don't have the results as the diesel trucks, but they do help. I like the Diablo Trinity for the NNBS trucks because you can adjust the LongTermFuelTrims yourself and this really helps with throttle response, power and mpg's. You can also data log with it so if you really want to get your truck dialed-in you can get a custom tune via e-mail from a Diablo tuner like DiabLew. This guy works for Diablo and does tunes on the side and his tunes are great. There are poeple on this site with his tunes and they all are happy with his tunes.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Yeah they do help, they just free up some restrictions that the factory built in from stock. They will free up some horsepower and usually net you somewhere around one - three mpg depending on what fuel grade you run.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2009 Vortecmax and put the Edge Evolution on my truck and could see some gains in horsepower on extreme and it also has eco mode that will gain you about two or three more miles to the gallon. You can definetly tell that the programmer reprograms the trans because of how the truck will shift. I mean i went with Edge because i have 8 light displays up so i can monitor everything from the oil temp to the spark timing.

·
Registered
216 Posts
http://gowheatley.com/

This is what you need my friend, plus if you do any other mods its free retune for life

·
4,781 Posts
I have a 2009 Vortecmax and put the Edge Evolution on my truck and could see some gains in horsepower on extreme and it also has eco mode that will gain you about two or three more miles to the gallon. You can definetly tell that the programmer reprograms the trans because of how the truck will shift. I mean i went with Edge because i have 8 light displays up so i can monitor everything from the oil temp to the spark timing.
With the Edge Evolution Programmer......(eco mode that will gain you about two or three more miles to the gallon).....I've never heard of any programmer that will give someone's Vehicle a Bump of.....2 or 3 more miles to the gallon??.....:neutral:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Super chips.From 12.5 to 18.3 highway.Depending on grade of fuel.It comes with UBS cord.I'm just saying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts