GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Banks Automind Programmer for my 05 chevy 6.0 v8. The programmer has many different programs i could put into the truck. My cousin has the same truck but a gmc its an 05 6.0 v8. If i have one program in my truck could we put a different one in his truck? Or do I have to set mine back to stock to put anything on his?

·
Registered
41 Posts
you have to set yours back to stock. if you put yours back to stock then try and do his then if you put a performance tune on his then try to do your then you will lose his stock tune....im not 100% positive on all this i am new with the tuner as well but i wouldnt recommend trying to do that. they make them so you can do that cause if you could then they wouldnt make any money and everyone would be sharing there programmers. i recommend him to just buy one... i dont know what you paid for yours but i just bought the diablo predator for 269 brand new free shipping from truck customizers.com. i love it so far tons of options

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
X2, they only tune one truck at a time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So if I set mine back to stock, then put a tune on his truck it would work
... then take it off and return his to stock i can use it again back on my truck? correct?

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
correct. the tuner is "tied" to a vehicle once you tune it, take a vehicle back to stock and it "unties" to that one and you can use it one something else.

Alex

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Your trucks ECM has a electronic vin#, the programmer locks to that ECM's vin #. The programmer will only lock-on to 1 ECM vin# at a time. You can lock and unlock it to as many truck years as Banks has programmed in the programmer. Example, I have a Diablo I purchased back in '05, it will tune any '04-'05 Silverado one a a time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts