GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 2003 Chevy 2500 HD with the 6.0L. With the rising cost of gas 3.99 where I live it almost makes it hard to drive because of the fuel mileage. I got the truck to tow my camper and it does a great job of doing so! I have recently been looking into programmers to increase fuel mileage. I have only begun to start looking into them and didn't really know what I am looking for. So far I have found the Bully Dog Triple Dog GT Gas Gauge/Tuner (40410) which it says it can triple fuel economy which I would gladly spend the 470 on it if it really bumped my fuel mileage up that far. I just wanted to see if anybody had used this and if this was really true. I don't really have a need for a programmer for boosted power because the truck does a great job of pulling my camper just looking for an increase in fuel economy.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
If it really could triple gas mileage than I'm sure GM would install them at the factory. Most gas programers/tuners average 2-4mpg increase. Look at the Diablo Preditor.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I ended up having to give into the gas prices and bought a cheap commuter for my daily driver. a programmer probably wont help enough to make the cost payoff. as stated above may give you a couple mpgs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts