GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I am thinking of purchasing the projector headlights. Anybody know if it is worth it and the best place. I think I have found them for 200.00 or so.
THanks,

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Hmm, what benefit are these supposed to provide to the user? Is it style? I have seen them, but I'n not sure what they do. Anyone help a guy out?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Benefits? Well, supposedly they are supposed to increase the distance of light and have much brighter illumination. Yes, I guess they would be for some looks but they basically look like the newer vehicle head light casings, with all the mirror reflectors behind the headlight bulb. If anybody knows anything about this, please let me know. I sure would hate to blow money on it.
Thanks,

·
Registered
4 Posts
What year is your ride? I have projectors on my '98 Tahoe. Got them off of egay for 90 greenbacks. I don't really see an improvement. It would be nice to custom mount some HID lights. They look nice though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, I was going to get them. I have a 99 Tahoe. Hey, you want to do some more to your tahoe Dexter!!! Check Engine Forums and read Glass packs. Anyway. I was going to get some, but I think I will just leave them. I thought they would help out as far as being brighter and instead, I just adjusted my headlights to aim a little higher wich is working great! Thanks for the Feedback Dexter.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I put silverstar bulbs in my lo and high beams and my foglights. made a huge difference. Also put in high beam relay that lets all the lights stay on when highbeam is on. Helps in the dark stretches of florida

·
Registered
17 Posts
yeah steve, they do. The stock lights were halogen bulbs and were yellowish in color. the silverstar are a bright white. Citywise there is still a difference but not as much as rural

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had projectors in my 99 Tahoe, they lasted a week before I yanked them for my old ones, I do a lot of highway driving in northern Canada and Alaska and they just weren't cutting it. The Xenon bulbs out perform the projectors anyway, unless you throw a better H3 bulb in you'll be dissapointed on those dark nights I think.

I think my next purchase is a set of 14k HID's, seen those in action and wow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts