GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '93 2500 SL that does not have any speakers other than the blown dash speakers.

Does anyone know if the wiring already exists for the rear speakers in the celing? I would like to put some better tunes in my truck.

Also, how do you remove the covers that are used to fill the hole where the speakers would normally go?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Not sure unless it came with the rear speakers to begin with, then it would have wires.

But if it has the covers in the back I would think that it has them.

Come to think of it my rear speakers have never worked. I just thought it was because some hack that put in the aftermarket CD player never hooked them up.

As far as the rear cover are you talking about the ones way in the back? By the barn doors or tail gate.

·
Registered
52 Posts
the speaker covers are flexible plastic. put your thumbs on the rear edge of the cover and your other fingers on the front edge. Gently squeeze toward the rear of the truck, and the front edge should pop down. After you slide the rear tabs out, you should be able to see if you have wires or not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I do have speakers back there. They must not be connected to anything. I too have a CD player installed by an aparent hack.

More work... Oh well.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Well, I do have speakers back there. They must not be connected to anything. I too have a CD player installed by an aparent hack.

More work... Oh well.
Most times the hacks will just not connect all the speakers at the radio. Check there to see if that is what they did.

If they haven’t cut the plug you got it made, they sell adapters to truck harness. If not you need to remember what colors the ones in the back wire and hitch they up.

Have fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts