GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just purchased a 08 2wd crew cab silverado and i was planning on putting a leveling kit on and tires... does anyone know how big of a tire i can run on my stock 17in rims?? one of my friends can get a good price on cooper tires.... i just want to have a lil more agressive look untill i can afford rims+tires... sorry i dont know much about going higher and bigger... i came from having a lowered colorado xtreme

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
with the 17's id go with a 285/70/17 with cooper discoverer STT or ST

·
Registered
2,805 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
does anyone have a picture of a 08 silverado with 33's my friend said that 33's might look wierd and i should go with 31's.....thanks for the repies

·
Registered
481 Posts
does anyone have a picture of a 08 silverado with 33's my friend said that 33's might look wierd and i should go with 31's.....thanks for the repies
and bro hope you dont mind me asking all these Q in your topic... if you want ill start a new one..

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
zach - as for a better tire they are both great... the ST are an all terrain and the STT are a mud terrain.. I would go with the STT they are great and look incredible and will with the rockstars

k3k0 - go with the 33's hey will look better considering your truck prob has 31" or bigger stock. here is a pic of an 08 with a 2.5" leveling kit and 275/60/20 (33/11)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
zach - as for a better tire they are both great... the ST are an all terrain and the STT are a mud terrain.. I would go with the STT they are great and look incredible and will with the rockstars

k3k0 - go with the 33's hey will look better considering your truck prob has 31" or bigger stock. here is a pic of an 08 with a 2.5" leveling kit and 275/60/20 (33/11)

hey thanks for the pic.... thats exactly what i want my truck to look like simple and clean... rims are sik too... btw do u know what brand of rim that is?? and my stock tire size is 27" so anything bigger would be better... so if i put those 33in cooper tires on my stock rims they would be that size right? it dont matter that i have 17in rims? sorry for so much questions... but would my truck look stupid because im guessing the offset on my stock rims would make the tires more into the fender?

·
Registered
481 Posts
That pic Is with just stock rear and front leveling kit

That's what I'm doing to my white ext cab
level the front and 20 rockstars with 33 rubbers
those coopers are phat

Do they hold up 2 city/highway driving well ?

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
those arent coopers on that truck those are pro comp xtreme MT. but the cooper STT has that very aggressive look as well and will stand up to city/highway driving fine. i have ridden in trucks wiht them and they ride like and all terrain and dont make much noise at all..

as for those rims they are eagle alloys dont know the model number tho

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok i found the rims.... they are eagle alloys series 178 super finish black.... i kinda like eagle's rim styles i bought the boss 313's for my colorado and they were a perfect match for my truck

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
yea i have always been fond of eagles too... i just wish i could afford them

·
Registered
40 Posts
i just purchased a 08 2wd crew cab silverado and i was planning on putting a leveling kit on and tires... does anyone know how big of a tire i can run on my stock 17in rims?? one of my friends can get a good price on cooper tires.... i just want to have a lil more agressive look untill i can afford rims+tires... sorry i dont know much about going higher and bigger... i came from having a lowered colorado xtreme
Definitely go with 33's...it will give such a mean look to your truck

1 - 15 of 15 Posts