GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me here. Yesterday I purchased a '03 Silverado 1500 V8 4.8 liter 4x4, and am wondering if maybe I should of went with at least the 5.3 l for towing a 2 horse Bumper pull. Has anyone used this setup for this type of towing? I'm wondering if I should contact the dealer tomorrow to look into the same type of truck with the 6.0 l? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Theresa

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tim for the reponse. I've been bogged down this w/e concerned over the purchase without actually enjoying the truck! This was mainly purchased for the trailer as my second vehicle. I will probably use it more for errands since it is much nicer than my former truck. With my old truck ('94 Cheyenne 2500) , I was lucky if I even put 3,000 miles on it, over a 6 year period. Because of it's main purpose, I was mainly looking for something good enough to do the job without getting too carried away. In terms of towing, I would mainly be using it 2-4 times per month from April to October to travel within the state of MD to local shows, and mostly with one horse. After comparing notes w/ other truck owners who tow, I was worried that maybe I would be putting too much stress on the engine since everyone else has at least the 5.3, and I would not have much longevity with it. Thanks again for your reply!
Theresa

1 - 2 of 2 Posts