GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my question. I have a 07 sierra new body style and I'll be adding some performance mods to it around december. I'm looking at Hypertech Max Energy Programmer, K&N 77 series intake, 3.73 or 4.10 gears, headers, but I'll wait till I can find some long tubes for my truck, 2 new Hi Flow Cats and finally exhaust. My question is, I want something thats not to loud but still gives a good performance advantage. I'm looking at gibson, borla or magnaflow. One problem I do have is my truck is so new that I don't really want to get rid of the stock exhaust pipes. What do you think If I was to just change out the muffler and the tip? I figure going with a single in/single out cat back system wouldn't really make a difference would it? I mean for the sake of $500 or so dollars I'm basically paying to replace already good piping. Well let me know what you think.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I believe it's illegal in almost any state to change your cats befoer 50,ooo miles . Changing the exhaust is one of the best mods you can do . On my last truck ; the entire stock system had 2 bolts at the collar behind the cats ; no cutting ; just pulled it out and saved it . Gibson makes a goood system , not to loud . If you do want to change both ends , check Summit , they offer Dynamax and SLP for cat 4-ward , and just about everybody for catback .

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
The mfg is required to warranty the emission control system and components for various periods from 2yr 24k miles to 8yr 80k miles. "Misuse or failure to follow mfg's recommended maintenance" can void the warranty. The catalytic converters are warrantied for 8/80. Replacing the cc for a performance unit, may void your warranty.

Having said that, I would go for performance cats and the magnaflows.:glasses: I just put a new catback and magnaflow on my burb. I went with single exhaust with the obligatory chrome tip. The magnaflows are quieter than the flowmasters. Most of the time I like the sound. Especially when I feel like tromping on the loud pedal.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know they wont cover the cats or the exhaust system I'm not worried about that...I'm only concerned about powertrain...engine transmission...that kind of thing.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Cool. Git-r-done and take some pics.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have to wait till after christmas and I get everything else paid off. But once the card is free and clear, i'm good to go. :great:

·
Registered
533 Posts
i'm running on the dual straight out the back gibson it was easy to install two bolts off the cat and i love it ... if only the wife was that easy to work with :lol:

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have the Magnaflow catback and it sounds good not too loud but a little bit louder then stock, its a single in dual out. Mine cost me about 400 for it with chrome magnaflow tips. In my opnion it was worth it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts