GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Silverado 5 speed V8
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting this here. If I'm in the wrong place please move me.
My 04 Silverado came with the basic mirror, it reads air bags and has the manual dimmer lever on the bottom.
I want to upgrade to compass and temp. I went to search and found out what I need, except I see on E-Bay that there are mirrors out there that have compass and temp, but don't have onstar.
Those mirrors have buttons to change back and forth from compass to temp. I obviously don't have onstar, don't need that feature. I would rather have the mirror that does not have the onstar feature, it looks cleaner.
Here is my question, is the mirror that just has compass and temp but no onstar have the same plug as the mirror that does have onstar?
If I am reading all this correctly I could buy an upgrade mirror and if all I wanted was compass I'm done, correct?
I know I will have to run a line back from the radiator support for my temp, is that just a single wire from the sensor?
Thanks for the help, I am learning as I go. Still struggling with remote door locks as well! LOL
Mike

·
Registered
63 Posts
GM as a rule should have the wiring factory installed. Just tied off to the side under headliner. I added rear speakers to my 01 and the harness was there. If the premium mirror has temp sensor the wiring should be there but for functionality you'll have to add the sensor. Prolly find everything needed at pick a part. I also added cruise to my 01.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts