Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello out there in Burb Land,

I was wondering if anybody can recommend the best type of radiator to use in my 1999 GMC Suburban w 350ci small blk. The core is approx
1.5 inches thick, single row I think. Should I buy one from the dealer
($540.00 ouch!!!). Kragen ($214.00), or eBay($179.00 w/lifetime
warranty). Does it matter? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx, Bill B

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I have had good luck with the units from O'reilly Auto Parts. Put one in an '89 Suburban and a 92 S-10 Blazer with no problems.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just got a new radiator for my 94 K2500 7.4. It is a modine. It was $450 w/ labor, $360 for the part, I have transmission and oil cooler. Dealer parts are almost always overpriced, since chevy is buying the same parts from the same manufacturers that sell their parts directly, but then stick it into a chevy marked box and tack their own profit on top of the price. Those cheap radiators on ebay and sometimes other stores are made in china or korea / malaysia and are just cheap. They don't last long. I would find a trustworthy free mechanic and have him do it. The radiator without tranny / oil cooler should not be more than $300 from a good brand like modine.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
<knock> I haven't had to deal with radiator problems for such a long time. I think I got one rebuilt about 10 years ago for my old '62 GMC 3/4. Cost was about $100 and it ran fine and cool after that. I took it to a radiator shop up in Seattle that did the work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.