GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I took my Kenwood unit out of my truck. It was working perfectly fine with no problems. I put it in my wife's Hyundai b/c her radio was a pos. After I got everything working, when I tried the Ipod, only bass comes through. I used the usb cable, then a head phone jack and both times just bass. The cd player and radio were working properly though. This morning my wife takes her car, and says the cd player is now playing just bass, but the radio still works fine. Anybody got any ideas on how to fix the bass problem?

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
At first I would say the Jack on the Ipod was lose but now I think the factory Amp might not be working right. Which Car does she have? (Model)

Also there should be a reset button on the radio itself try that too

Which Kenwood is it?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The model number is KDC-MP538U. I tried the reset button as you suggested, but no good. It's just weird. Everything works great on radio, but cd, ipod, and aux have only bass coming through them.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Have you checked out the crossover settings on the radio? I think you can have a differant setting for each source.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did, but not after pushing the reset button. I guess later tonight I'm gonna try the cross over's again. But in the mean time, any other ideas just in
case that one flops.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts