GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here and need some help. Looks like an awesome site!

I have an 07 Silverado with issues:

1. Steering lights dont work
2. 4wd switch light doesnt work
3. Parking light-head light switch light doesnt work
4. Right front door speaker doesnt work but only a 1/4 of the time(no loose wires or plugs)

I know there probably is no possible way of all it being connected, but what the heck?

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 05 Silverado did somewhat the same thing. I have the split heat/ac controls. The passenger side light went out, over a months time the lights on the radio started going out. The headlight switch, one went out too. I took the heat switch out and took it apart, couldnt do anything with it so I put it back in. I found another oem radio, when I plugged in the new radio, the light on the heat switch, and headlight switch, came back on. go figure. Been on ever since, knock on wood.
I have no idea why the pig tail from the radio would make it come on unless the power wire for the lights feed it as well. But only half of it was out in the first place.
Maybe try checking the connectors that plug in to your switches, maybe one has a loose connection.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Bigokie and 05-Silverado,

I would like to look into this further for you. In order to do some more research, I will need the VIN for the vehicle as well as the current mileage. Please feel free to contact me either here on the thread or via private message. I look forward to hearing from you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts