GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week the radio quit turning off when I exit the vehicle.Luckily if I pop out the faceplate to my radio it cuts the power to the stereo.Anyone know how to fix this???

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No onstar.I have an aftermarket radio with the wiring harness that replaces the factory chimes.My radio fuse went out last week and I replaced it and this started happening shortly afterwards.

·
Registered
135 Posts
There should be a control module (that's aftermarket) that supplies power to your aftermarket radio. (Should be something like this: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ZkwDnux2CyG/p_127OS311B/PAC-GM-Radio-Replacement-Interface.html)

My guess is either that module or the relay for the power side of that module has gone bad. If i'm not mistaken, that unit gets a signal to keep the radio on until the door is open.. and once a door is opened, that module cuts power to the relay which turns off your stereo. This unit also controls the chime and all that stuff..

EDIT: I just noticed the link to the module I posted is for an On-Star equipped vehicle, but your car should have a similar unit since it does not have On-Star.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts