GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 chevy silverado 4.8l crewcab LS 4wd aftermarket headunit and also amo and subwoofer installed, the other day I had the radio turned up and it blew the door speakers but still getting sound to the subwoofer I replaced the front door speakers so far but still no sound coming out does anyone know if the rear door speakers being blown deactivate the front speakers? I checked all my wiring behind the headunit everything is intact nor melted so I'm stretching my head on this one fellas if anyone who's ran into the same issue or may know if the rear speakers deactivate the front doors so all I have to do is replace the rear speakers in order to be back up and playing sound again please let me know! Thanks!!

·
Registered
2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3L 460k+ miles w/ GM rebuilt motor and trans
143 Posts
Check the fuses on the head unit itself. Sometimes they have multiple and will partly function if only one fuse is blown.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the fuses on the head unit itself. Sometimes they have multiple and will partly function if only one fuse is blown.
It's an aftermarket headunit single din it has only one fuse behind it and it's a 10amp fuse that was the first thing I checked the radio wont work without it, therefore eliminating all fuses and all speakers are replaced now in all 4 doors and still no sound coming out of speakers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts