GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going with a 3" lift spindle, leaving the rear alone, although front will be slightly higher for a while. When I install new torsion bar keys and gain say 2" out of it totaling the front to 5", what size block do I need for the rear to sit level, 3" block?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Are you going for the Cali look? What year is your truck? Does it have a factory 2" block already?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really going for the cali look, just ordered the 3" spindle to clear the tires, but would like to get the most out of torsion bars, which I believe recommended is no more than 2". As for what size blocks, idk, from glancing at them the other day, I would have to say no bigger than 2".

It's a 2006 GMC sierra SLE 2wd, ext. cab with torsion bars.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would do a 3" cuz 2wd always sit smaller than a 4wd

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Get your front where you want it and then measure and get that size block. If you can after you get the front end set, take a front and rear measurement, then take a floor jack and jack the rear up buy the rear bumper to get the rear where you want it and then measure again. Thats what size rear block you want.

·
Registered
539 Posts
the 4 inch lift kit i wanna get has a 2 inch rear lift block, so 3inch should be perfect for a 5 inch lift

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
I forgot to add, remmember every truck sets a little differant so what works on one truck may not work on yours. Thats why I would take measurements as mentioned in my last post. You may not get 2" of lift front the torson keys, so you don't want to get your blocks until you have the front comlpetely done.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Are you going for the Cali look? What year is your truck? Does it have a factory 2" block already?
I take offense to the Cali comment:no:. Ok just kidding but its a southern california thing (and yes there should be a socal and a norcal because they are completely different). I grew up in northern cal and they lift trucks normal there. I am stuck in socal now and yes they like the whole reverse rake thing here (which the shop made mine when they lifted it and I made them correct it).

I think that was more of me complaining about southern california than actually contributing to the post:lol:

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
I like my trucks to sit about 1" higher in the front. Is that the RedneckCali look?? LOL.

·
Registered
902 Posts
if your truck is 2wd, do you even have oem rear blocks? if so and your doing a 3" spindle lift with keys id get 4" blocks

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Get your front where you want it and then measure and get that size block. If you can after you get the front end set, take a front and rear measurement, then take a floor jack and jack the rear up buy the rear bumper to get the rear where you want it and then measure again. Thats what size rear block you want.
I forgot to add, remmember every truck sets a little differant so what works on one truck may not work on yours. Thats why I would take measurements as mentioned in my last post. You may not get 2" of lift front the torson keys, so you don't want to get your blocks until you have the front comlpetely done.
This is gonna be the best way so there is no guessing. Measure after and then get the rear blocks

I like my trucks to sit about 1" higher in the front. Is that the RedneckCali look?? LOL.
Yes:rofl:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts