GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m scratching my head here... is it possible for a bad rear door lock relay to make one door lock not work while the other side does? I can’t force it open, it doesn’t work with the remote or the door, but the passenger side rear lock is working just fine.. none of the old posts on this topic mention one not working vs the other.... HELP

·
Registered
13,327 Posts
Rebel, I don't think an '05 has relays. I think the '05 uses computer modules in each door.
Not that it matters to you if the door doesn't open.
But, there may be a blown fuse, check the dash fuse panel.
These computer modules are controlled by the body control module, look for a blown fuse.
Do you have any error lights, check for body messages.

And, I could be wrong about the modules, I know the next generation has them, just not sure about your generation.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ll go see what I’ve got Ray. The posts I was looking at were for my gen of truck but the part number they listed comes back to a 400 series truck?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
0A05D184-65A4-4AF7-9419-7430409A9C6F.jpeg
FE92902A-A0BC-4704-A88F-D7C5D9052AB2.jpeg

Based on the thread I read, this is under the steering wheel by the hood latch. 25A says “CB RT DOOR”. I know the door in question is the left door, but I pulled it out, flipped it, and put it back in. Bam. It works. Don’t know what made it do that, but it’s fixed!

Hard enough gettin little ones into car seats in a lifted truck, gettin them in the opposite side is a clown show.

·
Registered
13,327 Posts
Sometimes just pulling the 12v (remove circuit breaker) will reboot it.

Tuck that away for the next time.

How bad is the virus in OK?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@RayVoy Thanks! I’m stationed down in San Antonio right now. We’re seeing an uptick in cases and the mayor extended the shelter in place order till April 30. Supposed to be the worst in 2 weeks here in Texas, we’ll see. How bout you?

·
Registered
13,327 Posts
It was late getting here and when it did there was a lot of negative news, of course.
As a result, the first case, a few weeks ago, terrified everyone.
We have a small province, less than a million people, and right now the count is less than 100 for the whole prov.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
PINS on it could be the problem ... corroded because it does require a larger amount of current ..and the DC current could cause the contacts to break down coil in the locking mechanism creates contact pitting .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts