GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
First post for me, registered today and had my 1989 Burb for about a week.
I am wondering which key should unlock the rear gate and will it also let me raise the power window manually once it's unlocked.
My power rear window will lower, but won't raise back up and the keys I have won't go into the lock in the gate.
Any and all help is appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

that DOES help. I was trying to rule-out whether or not I need to visit a locksmith or not to repair the lock to get he round key in there.
Next question:
Is there a way to manually raise the power window?
Where's the best place to get a replacement power window motor?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Actually. I am lead to believe that it's a known/common problem with the safety switch mounted on the inside tailgate threshold on the pass. side. It seems to be common for this switch to wear-out and not engage thus the gate 'thinks' it is down and preventing the window from raising. I am about to rule that out in a couple days.
If all else fails is there a way to manually raise the window though?

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PROBLEM SOLVED! sorta

I got the power gate window to raise and lower...finally.
It was a mixture of problems. I traced the wires from the das switch (White, Blue and orange w/ black stripe) back to the window regulator. It turns out there were some unconnected wires. I joined those back together and was able to raise the window enough to look at the condition of the scissor arms and tracks. Both were in bad shape... dry crusty grease. I scraped off the grease sanded and cleaned everything real good and regreased the hell out of it all and viola! Up and down goes the window.
I still have something jammed in the gate key hole though, so I can only use the dash switch to operate the window. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.