GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had an aftermarket system installed in my 07 RC Silverado. It includes JL 6" door speakers, 4" alpine speakers in the rear panels powered by a 4 channel amp and a 13TW5 shallow mount subwoofer powered by a single channel amp all hooked up to a Kenwood DNX6980. The problem I've been running into lately is the passenger side rear speaker will cut out randomly. My first thought was when they wired the head unit into the steering wheel so i could use th esteering wheel buttons something got pinched. I'd take it back to the shop but that was in MS and I'm now in SoCal. Before I take it to a shop here I was wondering if anyone had any ideas that I could try.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
What amp are you useing? Which Speakers are they? (Models) Great head unit by the way..

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
My guess is lose wire on the actual speaker itself. I had this problem.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm running slash v2's. 1000/1 v2 for the sub and 300/4 v2 for the speakers. I'm running C2-600 in the doors and i think the speakers behind the seats are alpine sps-410s. I'll take a look at the wires going into the speakers tomorrow, I checked all the connections from the speakers to the amps and they are all good. I hope it is nothing more complicated than that.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
With 75 watts RMS going to the sps400's you might have broken the tensel on the speaker. Great amps but that speaker might not be able to handle the power..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts