GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a question that no one here in town seems to have an answer for can someone please enlighten me ... recently had ring gear failure in 95 GMC k1500 i managed to locate a matching GT4 or so it seemed . Upon getting home with it and preparing to stuff it under truck i noticed that the shock perches on housing were slightly angled in contrast to the ones on grenaded which are square to backing plates ???? whats going on here and what should i do ? bend ? doesnt seem right or even possible but they probably will bend if i install as is .... what did this housing come out of ? HELP !

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
you changed the rear axle . so cut off those shock mounts and weld on the original shock mounts ..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you changed the rear axle . so cut off those shock mounts and weld on the original shock mounts ..
yeah i know but im no welder and have not an arch welder to even attempt it .... i guess i am just tryn to find excuse to bolt it in any way and hope the shocks have some wiggle room at the top mount ... i really was trying to find out what vehicle has the housing oerches at slight angle like that... im thinkin its some newer model suburbon matbe or some SUV type set up or .... well .... obviously im clueless

1 - 5 of 5 Posts