GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so here is the scenario. I just bought a 92 Full size blazer The person who owned it before me most likely had a system in it. when I purchased the truck it had no head unit at all just the stock radio that didn't work (the one on the drivers side) So any how I get a new head unit installed and the guy at circuit city says hey your front two speakers are crackling and the backs appear to be blown( no sound out of them) so I buy some 4x6's for the front and luckly I had a 93 s10 that had 4x10 in it that i salvaged prior to dropping it off at a junk yard. any how i install the front speakers no proble they work fine i pull out the factory back speaker and they are missing all the foam so I assume well g there is the problem. So i through in the Memphis audio 4x10 and they still don't work I am 100% certain that the memphis 4x10s work. the rear speakers still had the factory clip to clip into the speakers.

So what I am getting at is the rear speakers for some reason or another are not getting power. What could I do to get power back to them?? or where could I check them?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did try that and still got nothing which leads me to believe that its a power issue to the rear

·
Registered
85 Posts
Im confused: You took out your back speakers which you THINK work and plugged them into the front channels and they still didnt work?

or

did you take the front speakers and check the back?

I guess either way you are right about the back not getting power. The only way your fronts would be getting power and your back speakers were not getting the power is (A) The new head unit is not wired correctly to the back speakers, or (B) your new head unit sucks and you need to return it and talk to someone at Circut City who knows what they are talking about.

Wait, did you try messing with the Fade/ ballance to make sure the settings are right?

And for future reference cruchfield.com is a good place to look for audio equipment and you can find stuff faily cheap.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok I checked the rear wiring with the front speakers, no bueno.
The head unit is this one http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/JVC-iPod-Controlling-Car-Stereo-KD-PDR40/sem/rpsm/oid/203018/catOid/-13089/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do
My thoughts are the person who owned the vehicle before me was an idiot for one they had the front speaker wires connected to the terminal with masking tape. I do plan on going back up to circuit city to see what they can do about it. I just wanted to see if there was anything else that anyone else could come up with that i may be able to take care of on my own. the fade was the first thing I checked

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wow.. masking tape huh? real profession job on that one. HA Ha. If it makes you feel better one the places i had stuff done used hot glue to keep my speaker wire in an amp terminal. Needless to say I almost freaked the hell out. Anyway, that sucks! If the speaker wires are leaving the head unit and go all the way to the speakers with no break, then I dont see what could be wrong; unless the speaker wire you are using is fried or no good. I dont know... sorry if I didnt help. It's the thought that counts right? ;) Good luck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im really hoping all the wire is good other wise im gonna have to tear down my whole over head and that doesn't sound fun. I do appreciate the input and information. I think my best bet is gonna be to take it back up to circuit city and see if they can take a look at it.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
sorry to say but it seems like at this point that is your only option... a wire somewhere must be broken or shorting out somewhere which is not giving you power to your rears...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts