GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here are the symptoms. Running lights On and operating properly. Brake lights - None, including third light on top of cab. No license plate light. When I hit the turn signals all seems well for about 2 seconds then the lights flash double speed and the alert comes up on the dash. I’ve checked both 10A fuses in slots 14 and 17, they’re fine. The only odd thing I have to add is last night while eating at Red Lobster a horrible storm passed over with crazy lightning and ping pong ball size hail. Beat the daylights out of my hood. Any help?

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
James, help us out with some basic truck info. Whatcha drivin?

Howdy and welcome.

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
And the truck was fine driving to Red Lobster?

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
James, you have a ground problem, the signals are finding a ground through the center brake light.

A body ground, probably under the truck, is dirty, or has a broken wire.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
James, you have a ground problem, the signals are finding a ground through the center brake light.

A body ground, probably under the truck, is dirty, or has a broken wire.
I found a shop that will look at it. I have no tools or patience. Hope knows his stuff

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I found an auto electric shop as I was passing through Casper. The guy seemed perplexed. Tried a couple gizmos. Took a non working bulb (that appeared fine) from passenger side and put it a working connector on the drivers side. Nothing. He replaced all 4 bulbs, none looked damaged, and the one on top of the cab. Flipped the key, hit the blinkers and stepped on the brakes. No pop up on the dash - all was working perfect. All he could say was ‘lightning can do funny ****’ as he took my $100. Case closed

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
Glad you found the problem

1 - 9 of 9 Posts