GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My rear view mirror is stock, nothing fancy, no gauges or anything. I want to upgrade to one with the temperature and direction (N,E,S,W ect.) screen on it, with auto-dimming ability. Can this be done to my truck? The trucks specs are in my sig. Looking for links on where to buy if it's a direct replacement.
Edit: Must have the passenger airbag sensor too!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Is/was the mirror you want a GM OEM option? If yes, check with your GM parts guys and bring a fat wallet, or check your local recyclers and on-line. The way this winter is going, there may be a lot of late model donors available before spring. Be prepared to peruse schematics (yours and the donor) and fish some wire. The air-bag sensor is probably gonna to be the trickest part of the install. If you're not comfortable with auto electronics, you'll need help to get your mirror up to speed.
If you just want some diiiferent from stock, have you considered a low-electronics billet mirror? It would be MUCH easier.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, I'll get a price quote from the dealership. I want a GM type of mirror, with the two gauges. And for it to look stock. I have checked online, and it seems that the cheapest is $250 :grrrrrr:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts