GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys here is a recall leter that I recieved today in the mail

so just incase you guys didnt get it i'm letting you guys aware of the situation

As the owner of a 2004 model year chevrolet Tahoe, your satisfaction with our
product is very important to us.

This letter is intended to make you aware that your vehicle could develop a condition where one or more instrument panel gauge needles may stick, flutter, or become inoperative. This may cause inaccurate readings, including the speedometer and the fuel gauge. If you believe your vehicle has this condition contact your local dealer.

:rules:

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Thanks for posting the info.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
They never sent me a letter and I've had trucks that have had instrument panels that have done every one of those things :grrrrrr:

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
im included in that one. they only want you to take if its not working properly :money:

·
Registered
254 Posts
i got the same letter a couple months ago

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Just FYI... this original post was made just about a year ago.

Would be truly nice to know what the real deal is on this, though. It seems there are way too many people with this problem.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got one in the mail for my 03 silverado. What they dont tell you is that your vehicle cant go above a certain mileage. Which is total bs! I got mine a year ago and my truck had like 80k miles on it or so. They said that if you have recieved this letter and already had your instrument panel replaced, that they would reimburse you for the panel plus labor. So i sent mine off, 2 weeks later they called me and said sorry, your mileage is too high. I could barely understand the guy cuase he barely spoke freaking english!!! But i told them they needed to say that in their stupid letter instead of wasting my time and getting my hopes up.:grrrrrr: Now my wife's 03 yukon speedometer is getting stuck just like mine did and its absolute crap!!! but for some reason, my wife said that the gauge just fixed itself. Im sure its still broken but as long as it is working right now, im not spending a butt load to get it fixed. Hope ya'll have better luck than i did.

·
Registered
247 Posts
lol, sorry for you

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Usually the speedometer problem occurs when the battery goes dead with the key in the on position. Then when the vehicle is jumped with the ignition in the on position the needle jumps around and sticks. So never jump a dead battery with the key in the on position.
If your speedometer or other gauge sticks you can try a couple of things to fix it. The first of course is to brain dead the computer by disconnecting the battery and touching both cables together. If that doesn't work the next step is to find someone with a Tech II or GM scanner. The Tech II scanner has the option to cycle the gauges. This will reset the gauges and sometimes it works on a stuck gauge and sometimes it doesn't.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Wow I haven't gotten a letter for my 2005 Silverado, that friggin figures! Would this still happen to me even though I swapped my needles and my gauges? VERY INTERESTING :neutral:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts