GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forum, I am looking for help with an SRS code B0081-00 passenger presence system fault. I have a 2014 silverado 1500 cc/wt with a 5.3 and this code was present and I couldn't clear it until I had the SRS module reset to factory settings by an airbag module service provider. After the module was cleared I can now erase the code with my SRS scanner and it will stay off until the ignition is cycled again and then it will return. I swapped the passenger seat out with an identical truck and the PPS module in the seat works fine in the other truck with no codes.
Has anyone experienced similar problems/codes with 2014? I'm thinking that there's some kind of resistance issue that the computer is sensing and interpreting as a fault, but I don't know how to find where that resistance might be.
Thanks in advance for any help/guidance in this matter, Gary

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hope this helps if someone has a similar problem. I was focusing on the ppm part of the seat but the actual problem turned out to be a connector that became disconnected behind the plastic trim of the center pillar between the doors. It went to the locking mechanism for the passenger seat belt. So the B0081-00 isn't real specific, just that somewhere in the passenger presence system there was a problem. It was a relief to find and fix with only needing a zip tie to keep the connector from coming apart again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts