GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stabilitrak service light/traction control and reduced power:
Min started bout mid November and then quit? Then cpl weeks later it did it again for cpl days then quit, now it’s back at it again!
I hve checked wiring, plugs , compression, firing , every thing I hve seen on other forums, my question it why can I be driving kick it in passin gear and it quits all the problems? Then cpl weeks/days it does it again!

·
Registered
5,200 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It’s an 07 1500 crew cab ltz, it runs fine then the bells start ringin and lights flash and starts acting like it’s missing (reduced power ) then it quits and no lights or warnings and runs smooth as silk! This time I hve noticed buzzing sound out of stereo and the passenger side heat /ac controls are on when I start it

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Have the diagnostic codes read. Write them down so you can post them here.

Ted

·
Registered
5 Posts
Stabilitrak and traction control then reduced power and can't go over 25. Three different shops, three different SetS of answers. Nothing has worked.
What sensor/fuse/ wiring job can be done to have stabilitrak and traction control of worked out of the whole equation to just "bypass" the crap!??!

·
Registered
13,464 Posts
It's probably the Throttle Portion Sensor.

It's mounted on the throttle body.

GM has/had a special warranty on this item, they may still be offering the warranty.

If they are not, the part is only around $30

1 - 9 of 9 Posts