GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If someone wants to setup a Get Together for their City/State/Region, I'll donate a new GMTC Club Sticker to them for their efforts.

The location and timing of the GTG is up to you, just get a few of you together and enjoy commiserating with other about all things GM!

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No takers? Your Get ToGether can be as little as a small handful of folks. :party:

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let's hear it for the regional Leaders, who's game to become one? You can pick your city, state or region.

Needed:
GMTC City Leaders
GMTC State Leaders
GMTC Regional Coordinators

·
Registered
45 Posts
ok i'm game ... i've been tryin to get a few together but the only way i can get more than 2 people to show up is to involve all the truck forums i'm on. i've got a list of car shows for Arkasnsas and Oklahoma going that i'm trying to get meets set up

i'm in Oklahoma but i spend a lot of time with Arkansas guys on other forums so i'd be game for Arkansas and Oklahoma or regional either one

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm game I live in Nebraska. I could either do state, city or Regional whichever you need me for. I have been trying to get an Omaha meet together on another board that im on but noone wants to as of yet!

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't mind folks being involved in other forums (isn't everyone part of another forum? :) ), but for the purposes of this site, it should be focused on GMTC with add-ons welcome on a secondary level. Overall, as we keep expanding by 600 members per month, we need to start rolling out some GTGs so folks can meet each other.

·
Registered
45 Posts
the only real problem is im in the middle of freakin nowhere and no one here wants to do anything .... i'm actually going to Little Rock this weekend, well Bryant but close enough, for a car show and meet with some of my Arkansas friends ... and its a 5 hour drive for me

oh and FYI, i'm real big on stickers ... can you tell ... those stickers are for 3 of the truck forums i'm on ... and i still need to get stickers for at least 2 more ... oh and i have the same set on my ext cab too

·
Super Moderator
3,398 Posts
I guess I could give a shot at trying to get the New Orleans people together. Unfortunatley, I'm not exactly a people person, but I can try... I know we have at least 3 more people on here from the New Orleans Metro area that are active....finalday, phoebisis, and sierraman. What do ya'll think N.O. guys??? I'm a member over at MP3Car.com, and I've been trying to get a get together going on in this area for them. Perhaps a unified get together would be interesting, wanna learn about carputers? LOL

·
Registered
407 Posts
Head a region up and get a NEW GMTC decal... What happens to get a used one?? :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, if you're interested in doing this, feel free to start a thread up with your the regional information in the title. Then you can own or co-own the thread and we'll get some of these moving.

Examples: "Dallas/Fort Worth Get Together!" or "Western Washington Get Together". Something like that.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, thanks everyone, keep these coming in if you're interested and able to help out. This is getting closer to start happening, so stay tuned!

The next step is for us to come up with some ideas on how we can make this happen! I'll compile the list that we have so far and will create a private room on here for all of the regional leaders to start to brainstorm and we can come up with an "attack pack" on how this can be implemented.

We're also looking for people who want to support this effort, so even if you don't want to lead it, you can still help out and support it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm in for trying to get something going in virginia beach.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I haven't been on this site long but I am already Pennsylvania chapter coordinator for the Lincoln Mark VII Club along with the Riviera Owners Association and wouldn't mind helping this club out as well. I can cover N.E.Pa. if no one minds.

I have a meet scheduled for this Sat. at The Old Country Buffet in Bensalem Pa.

March 7, 2009
9:00 am till at least 12:00 noon
Old Country Buffet
Brookwood Shopping Center
1847 Street Road
Bensalem, PA 19020

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok, to get started, just get started in the appropriate regional forum, it's that simple. Post up your ideas for getting a GTG going and let's see if it has wings to take off.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was the Texas Chapter state president for the Hemi Truck club (yes I owned one of those too.) I would like to help organize something in or around my area. I live in Huntsville about 60 miles north of Houston

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
this is kinda of a cool a idea, especially for the people around cali. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts