GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my truck is a 97 C1500. It had some custom work done on it after it left the factory and before my grandfather purchased it from the dealer. The custom shop (Pulliam-Watkins Enterprises Country Coaches) is long out of business, so I am unable to get in touch with them. I have not been able to use my remote start/locks for a while now. I noticed yesterday that the LED no longer lit up on the remote, so I thought a dead battery was the culprit. Today, I got a new battery and the LED lights up just fine but it still does not work. Does anybody have an idea for how to reprogram the remote with the truck or where I could find more guidance on that? I did some work a while back and had the battery disconnected for several days, so I wonder if it could have become unprogrammed during that time. Also, where is the receiver on the truck for the remote in case that’s the issue? As I said, the truck had custom work done, so this may all be invalid, but I want to check off all the boxes before assuming that. I’ve attached a picture of the remote since it isn’t stock either.

·
Registered
13,825 Posts
That isn't factory, you have a 3rd party box somewhere under the dasg

·
Registered
13,825 Posts
Look under the dash, look for a small box that does not appear to be factory

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have a cobra remote start on my truck and it , (not saying its the same) is on inside of windshield at center rear view mirror mount
Do you mean the antenna for it? I have an antenna in the same spot right along the top of the windshield where it meets the roof. I had thought that’s what that was.

·
Registered
205 Posts
then yes , i called a stereo shop and they told me how to program , should be a button on antenna , i cant remember the sequence but if you call one im sure they will help , if not call crutchfield , they always are helpful

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
then yes , i called a stereo shop and they told me how to program , should be a button on antenna , i cant remember the sequence but if you call one im sure they will help , if not call crutchfield , they always are helpful
I’m looking now at mine but I don’t see any buttons on the antenna

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can you look up the brand
That’s what I’m trying to figure out. I don’t see so much as a serial number on any of the exposed sides of the module or the antenna. I think there might be something on the side of it where it’s attached to the truck, but I don’t want to start pulling parts off the truck on Sunday night when I gave to be at work at 6:30 tomorrow.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

This is the only writing I can see on it now. I’m 95% sure that this wire goes up to the antenna at the top of the windshield. It looks like WT something. Maybe an E? Those are three horizontal lines but I’m assuming an E

·
Registered
205 Posts
There is no telling the brand of remotes, my suggestion is , get original remotes and try them , or take it to a steroid shop see if they can help you Identifying it , there are not that many remote starts systems out there

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ok according to pic and Amazon's pics it looks like a easyguard car alarm system with remote start,
I typed in best remote starts and alarm systems , and your pick looks the same at easyguard pic

1 - 20 of 39 Posts