GM Truck Club Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ok according to pic and Amazon's pics it looks like a easyguard car alarm system with remote start,
I typed in best remote starts and alarm systems , and your pick looks the same at easyguard pic
Yeah, it does look like that. My only concern about that is that those photos on amazon are of current products. Mine is of a 23 year old product. I guess to know for sure, I can hopefully find something that’s telling on the side of the box that’s not exposed now

·
Registered
13,826 Posts
Brian, I think that is a GM reset; he has an aftermarket, it is probably different.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I really don't know but at the antenna box, look for a small hole. The reset button may be recessed and you use a pin or paper clip to put it in learn mode. You can remove the inside trim or pull it away to get a look at the wires. I would expect them to be small like 18 or 20 gauge wire so you can fine them under the dash. Look at the fuse panel for anything that is not factory. Might be a blown fuse.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I’m still struggling through this problem. No luck so far. I took the box completely off under the dash and found no markings indicating a manufacturer. I’m trying to get at the antenna to see if I can find something there like a button. It’s being held in place by a bracket at the top of the windshield that I don’t want to pull off because it’s just stuck there with adhesive and I’m afraid I might break something.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

I just decided to toughen up and pull it off. I think I found the learn button here. Any idea how to do the learning process?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
False alarm... there’s nothing resembling a button inside the antenna. I think I’m not left with the local stereo shop that wants $80 to reprogram it

·
Registered
2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3L 460k+ miles w/ GM rebuilt motor and trans
301 Posts
I know I'm coming into this late...Have you opened up the remote to find a P/N or S/N written on the inside? This may direct you to a "replacement remote" which would direct you to the system it is for.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Hoping to get this conversation livened up again. I found the operating manual for it! Unfortunately, it doesn’t give directions on how to reprogram a remote to the system, but it gives a direction for further research. I haven’t had any luck finding more in depth instructions, but I’m hoping some of the more resourceful people on this forum could help. Thank you!

·
Registered
205 Posts
my thinking is , its time for new remote start system , remove the outdated stuff , you can get new system installed or diy system from crutchfield.com

·
Registered
2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3L 460k+ miles w/ GM rebuilt motor and trans
301 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
21 - 39 of 39 Posts