GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 07 silverado and it came with the factory remote start buit the thing is when you remote staqrt it none of the climate controls come on whats the point in haveing it if dose turn them on anyone elses dose this do i take it back to the factory or am i stuck with the useless remote start

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
thats how it works with everyones remote start.. It is good because when you get out to your car the motor will be warm so the heat will already be good to go when you turn it on.... or when you get out at night just turn the controls on and to heat and it will start when the motor turns on

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah my dads 07 avalanche. blows full blast until you put the key in then it goes back to whatever you had it set at.

·
Registered
279 Posts
There is something wrong with your remote starter, take it back to the dealer to have them look at it.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
i stand corrected... thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have a remote start to but i have a viper, for mine mine has to be set up for the ac or the heater to turn on check with ur dealer because it should turn on if you got it from the dealer

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
something is wrong then, my dads 07 cranks everything on high until you turn the ignition on then it goes back to what you left it at.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Theres nothing wrong with your starter, turn your fan control to full blast, and get out of the car remote start it, if it doenst work then, then theres a problem, this is usually to do with how they programmed it, (ie. what speed it was on when it was done) even the wipers will only work on a certain speed.

On another note, what i dont understand is why gm does the full blast setting, if the engine is cold whats the sense of blowing cold air into the passenger compartment? unless your leaving the vehicle on for a longer period of time to warm up, i dont understand it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts