GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 suburban that has the remote for locking/unlocking and it has no batteries. I went to radioshack and got lectured by this old guy for 15 minutes on how I should have asked the previous owner for the battery size before i bought the vehicle. :neutral: does anyone know what size battery it takes??

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
I have a 95 suburban that has the remote for locking/unlocking and it has no batteries. I went to radioshack and got lectured by this old guy for 15 minutes on how I should have asked the previous owner for the battery size before i bought the vehicle. :neutral: does anyone know what size battery it takes??
What? Who knows that? Why would the previous owner know that. lol.

There should be a book on this. I'm not sure of the battery size, I'll see if I can find out.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah thats exactly what I said.

And I thought it was that size but when he put it in it wouldn't close so he flipped out and I got lectured. Well I've learned my lesson the next time I buy a vehicle I won't ask about the transmission or the milage or even if it runs as long as I know the battery size for the remote I'll be all set. :great:

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Try try again

Does your remote look like this one?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](information on back of remote)[/FONT]
FCC # : - ABO0104T -( AB00104T )DOC / MDC : - 218 K1035 -Select from:Part # : - 15955702 - or Part # : - 15725423
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I don't know which battery fits your remote, but there are 3 batteries of similar size / voltage:
CR2016 1.6 mm thick
CR2025 2.5 mm thick
CR2032 3.2 mm thick

If you tried the CR2032, and it wouldn't close, try one of the thinner batteries for a better fit.
[/FONT]

·
Registered
34 Posts
Does your remote look like this one?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](information on back of remote)[/FONT]
FCC # : - ABO0104T -( AB00104T )DOC / MDC : - 218 K1035 -Select from:Part # : - 15955702 - or Part # : - 15725423
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I don't know which battery fits your remote, but there are 3 batteries of similar size / voltage:
CR2016 1.6 mm thick
CR2025 2.5 mm thick
CR2032 3.2 mm thick

If you tried the CR2032, and it wouldn't close, try one of the thinner batteries for a better fit.
[/FONT]

my remote looks like that and it has two CR2016 batteries in it.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks a lot ill try to find them tommorrow. NOT AT RADIO SHACK

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Anybody else have a nickname for RS?

I use the nickname: "Radio Shaft" because of the ridiculous prices they charge for their made in Taiwan products.:fighting0072:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts