GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, i have a 95 gmc 1500 that has 4 in suspension lift an a 2 in body lift, and im looking to get rid of the body lift, 2 questions to go with this...first, i bought the truck with these installed so how do i go about getting rid of the body lift, and second what is the largest size tire i could clear with a 4 in suspension lift, i have 35s on it now and was hoping 33s would fit. thanks for the help!

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Welcome to the club. You will need to order new body bolts from the dealer. Years ago the bolts could be ordered in a kit. Try going to some boylift manufactures websites and down load there directions, then just go in reverse order to remove the kit. Its a pain in the ass and time consuming but it can be done. You can run 33" tires with a 4" only lift on your truck.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
x2 on running 33s w/a 4" lift.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Like Silveradotrailblazer said download the instructions and go in reverse.
Last time I removed a lift we found suitable replacement bolts at HomeDepot.
Depending on whether the installer left the rubber bushings on above the lift pucks you might need to find replacements, probably meed to replace some of them due to age and deterioration anyways.
Also keep any eye on wiring harness's and anything else that was streched out during the lift, when everything goes back down you'll have excess that might be in the way.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the responses! one last thing, the lift was on the truck when i bought it so i do not know the brand of it so could someone suggest a website to go to get the instructions? they must all be similar right?

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Performance Accessories.com makes most of the bodylifts out there.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
A suggestion I would make is since you are removing the body lift would be to replace the body bushings with new poly bushings. It would be a shame if you go and remove the body lift and a few weeks down the road one of the stock ones fail.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
aloxadaddy99, I don't recommend the poly body bushings. Had them on my '96 'Burb and you could feel every bump in the road. Replaced them with some from NAPA that were like a semi-poly bushing and they were fine.

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

The stiff ones were EnergySuspension. They did however lift the body a 1/2" and my front tire quit rubbing at the rear of the front fender. (35" tires).

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
That is interesting. I never used them but heard many good things about them. Thank you for setting me straight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts