GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone out there know how to remove this windshield washer reservoir?I can see 2 screws that are holding it in place, but I can tell there are more.None of the ones underneath-the wheel well-look exactly right, but I'm betting it is one of them.
I sure don't think that I have to take the whole wheel well out-exerything on the driver's side of the engine compartmant is bolted to it.
Help,
Charlie
PS-It is leaking like a sieve.

· Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Darcy,
Thanks for the tip.I'm heading under it now.There are two screws in plain sight-on top-.It is under the 2nd battery "platform" which I took off already-no second battery.I can't really tell which are the correct screws/bolts to take off underneath,so I'll just take them off until I get lucky.
I'm short of $$,so I'm hoping just the plastic is split,and can be glued in some way.
It is a 1998 with 198,700 miles-owned for 3000 miles and 10 months by me-so it was due to have some breakage/failures.I replaced the brake booster-$130 with tax after I got my core charge back-last week.
Thanks,
Charlie

· Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help.I got it out.It was 2 screws, but once I had them out it still didn't just come out.It was hanging up on something else-I think on a protruding screw.
I found a split along a seam,and it was leaking at the grommet where the pump pushes in.I don't think I'll really be able to completely seal the leak by the grommet.I'm pretty sure I did seal the split seam.
I just reinstalled it.I'll wait a day or two and see how long it holds water.If it holds 'some' water for 2 days or so ,it will be OK for the trip we will take to AZ-from New Orleans-this summer.
On trips I need to be able to clean the windshield.Around town,I can just clean it by hand.
I wish I had the spare $60-I would buy a new one.
Thanks,
Charlie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.