GM Truck Club Forum banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
One thing you can do is turn off the memory function. At least I assume you can turn memory off. I can on my 01 ELDO. At least then you won't be shoved into the dash.

Edit: Most auto upholstery shops can probably sell you pads that will work. Aftermarket is another possibility. Guys on the Cadillac forum I have frequented in the past have had good luck repairing the heating elements, although that's a lot of work not to replace the pads.

Ted

·
6,019 Posts
There are aftermarket pads available. I think Dorman makes one. I need a lower for mine. I have the same memory issue but mine goes all the way back and my control switch works in the opposite direction. Forward makes it move backward, backward moved it forward. Whatever my issue is it must be fairly common as I have been in 2 other trucks that did the same thing

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great wright up. I've had similiar problem with my 03 2500 hd, heat comes on when it wants anytime. The main connector on the floor in back of the seat can get hot and the connection get loose. Disconnect and reconnect, maybe use contact cleaner and new electric lube. It worked on mine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2001 Tahoe where today I noticed driving my driver side seat heater was on, and on high. I tried shutting if off 3 times with no luck. I parked the truck and got back in 4 hrs later to have the same thing happen. My driver side has always gotten really hot where it feels like you butt is on fire. But I'm not sure why it won't shut off now??? Both high and low lights work, and shut off like the unit is turned off but it's not and the seat still heats on high. Any ideas where to start here?

·
Registered
14,766 Posts
Without a wiring diagram, it sounds like a relay is stuck in the operated position. But, I don't know when GM went from a relay to a solid state device.
Check the fuse panel under the hood, the relays should be marked on the inside of the cover. If you see one for heated seats, pull it out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I replaced the memory module but noticed two wires on the outside of the drivers side seat bottom have now been disconnected from somewhere. The airbag light is now on so I know those went to the air bag sensor but with the seat back on its hard to see where they connect to. Does anyone know where the wires go to. Do they connect into the seat controllers, a connector in the floor or the seat pad itself. looks like it ties into the harness that controls the lumbar support. they have male pins on the end so I assume I accidentally pulled them out of a connector while removing the seat. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
wow, thanks for that great link :rolleyes:, FYI I read through this entire thread numerous times and saw nothing specific about WHERE the two wires for the air bag sensor get connected. instead of posting the entire thread if you see the answer that I admittedly might have missed copy and paste the specific text in a reply — that would be helpful. I don't find it funny when a person is asking for help about a safety issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Found it. There is a small two prong connector just inside the outboard bottom rail of the drivers seat that the two wires plug into. its basically beneath the lumbar switch. Did not see that connector origianlly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I`m Arad and need help for install two electrical front seat of 2007-2013 chevy tahoe or suburban or avalanche. I have some question about that and wiil be happy if some one can help me on this way.

1- Can I have wiring diagram of front seats? (picture attached) link of pictures: http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages...,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0&format=0

2- I checked socket of seats and find two bigger wire(Red/white and black). I think main power wires are them. But when I connect 12v adapter to wires nothing happened and no movement.

3- I know the seats have many function. But I need anly movement and heat/cool function.

Thanks for reading my post.

Arad

P.s: sorry for my bad english

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
HYi Guy's, Just wanted to get this right. If only one side of your heated seat works (and if the the other one is on and I push my buttons it turns both off) it's the "memory seat module". Do I have that right. Thanks Guys
This is my issue, does this mean I need the seat module?

Can't tell if this post is a statement or a question lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
New here, But great thread. Not sure if there is a more accurate thread, but I am trying to help out my friend with her POS 2009 Tahoe LTZ. I tore into it yesterday and find out a lot about it, except what the problem is. The drivers side seat doesn't heat or cool. What I found out is how to tear the seats apart and the drivers door. The seats don't have a heating pad, instead the blower must provide the heat and cooling. The blower seems to be working. When I turn on the heat, it runs hot for about 2-3 seconds then the fan speeds up and the heat shuts off. She says the cooling doesn't work either, but when it's 33 degrees out, that becomes hard to tell. Ideas?

·
Registered
14,766 Posts
I'm sitting on one of those seats right now. To the best of my knowledge, the fan is only used for cooling.
There should be coils, in the seat and back, for heating.
I've not torn the seat(s) apart, but I get almost instant heat on a cold morning. I also do not hear a fan blowing.
For cooling (top button, blue light) the fan does run; I believe, only one speed.

Btw, knocking the vehicle isn't going to get you far on this forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I took the seats apart yesterday and held my hand over the blower, and heat defiantly came from the blower. That is until it shut off after a couple seconds. There are no coils in the seat bottom. I didn't take apart the back part.

As far as the vehicle, after dealing with her Tahoe, I will never own one. But that's the only one I have dealt with too.

·
Registered
14,766 Posts
Ok, so yes, you probably will get some heat out of the cooling duct for the seat, it is connected to the HVAC system so it will pick up access to the AC.
And, sorry, I did mis-lead with the only one speed, the cooling fan has 3 speeds.
However, that system does not heat the seats. From the factory, the seat cushion and back are heated with electric heating coils/pads

And, just a thought, thuis thread started life as a pre 2007 thread, maybe we could get a MOD to split it, or change the title. One of the Mikes maybe could help us @99'HEARTBEAT @Pikey

41 - 60 of 96 Posts