GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I replaced my EGR valve with a Delphi EG10099. I’ve put about 50-60 miles on it. My code 32 disappeared and service engine light is gone. But now I get sputtering/hesitating under light throttle around 1100-1300 rpm. Reduced power. I did break the egr vaccum line and replaced it with a plastic line. Higher RPM seems fine… I’m not sure if it’s a vacuum leak? Anyone have any ideas why it’s now sputtering and hesitating under light throttle? Thanks in advance.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Today I replaced my EGR valve with a Delphi EG10099. I’ve put about 50-60 miles on it. My code 32 disappeared and service engine light is gone. But now I get sputtering/hesitating under light throttle around 1100-1300 rpm. Reduced power. I did break the egr vaccum line and replaced it with a plastic line. Higher RPM seems fine… I’m not sure if it’s a vacuum leak? Anyone have any ideas why it’s now sputtering and hesitating under light throttle? Thanks in advance.
95 gmc K1500

· Registered
32 Posts
It’s got the 5.7 liter TBI.
I never had any luck with the universal EGR valves on my stock 1988 K1500. My engine would hesitate and act stupid with it as if the Delphi just didn't react the same as the AC Delco originals. My recommendation is to get the AC Delco brand through Rock Auto. Similar price to the Delphi, but for some reason they work better with the original systems. This may or may not be your only issue, but it eliminates the EGR as a possibility.(My '88 has true dual exhaust on it so I still get the EGR code when I travel over 50mph because that's when the system does its EGR test, but it is normal if you have dual exhaust because the O2 sensor is only reading one bank during the test.)
Rectangle Purple Violet Font Water

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I never had any luck with the universal EGR valves on my stock 1988 K1500. My engine would hesitate and act stupid with it as if the Delphi just didn't react the same as the AC Delco originals. My recommendation is to get the AC Delco brand through Rock Auto. Similar price to the Delphi, but for some reason they work better with the original systems. This may or may not be your only issue, but it eliminates the EGR as a possibility.(My '88 has true dual exhaust on it so I still get the EGR code when I travel over 50mph because that's when the system does its EGR test, but is normal if you have dual exhaust)
View attachment 173954
Thank you! I will give that a shot. The pickup was running perfect before I relaxes the EGR valve, but I was getting the code 32 above 50mph. I have stock exhaust.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts