GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

My Saturn Vue 2008 2WD XR have engine oil in the air intake hose, i want to replace the PCV Valve but not locate this in the engine, only can see the tube what connect to intake and the engine.

Does anyone know the location of the pcv valve on this engine?

Regards!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi Miguel....and welcome to the forum.

Although our Chevy Captiva Sport (USA Fleet Only) was in essence a rebadged 2008-2010 Saturn Vue, only the 2012 model year had a V6 option (3.0L ....and only on the upper trim levels (LT & LTZ). For the 2013 model, until it's discontinuation in 2015 in the US, all trim levels only had the 2.4L Ecotec.

That said, I did test drive a 2012 Captiva Sport with the 3.0L V6 when I was looking for a new vehicle in late 2012...and kept some of the links I used to investigate my vehicle choice. Most all links are now dead, but I found one that might benefit your situation. Give the Saturn Forum a try. They were very helpful & respectful with the questions I've asked.

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Vue - Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Here are a few other links I found today:
Oil Catch Can for '08 Vue with 3.6L V6 - Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn VUE Questions - PCV tube fitting sits loose where it connects into air filter duct - CarGurus

https://www.wholesalegmpartsonline....FITTING---PCV-PCV-Valve/2668405/12583384.html

Best wishes on your repair.

Reactions: Miguel Lara

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kggr9, your information help my very much, i working in proyect what consist in install a catch can. Soon i will be Uploading the pictures the proyect completed

Greetings and thanks again for the help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good day!

The catch can has been installed in my VUE for two weeks. Last Friday I checked the amount of oil that I filter and there was only a small amount of oil.

The amount of oil in the catch can seems low, but about 1-2 months I add 1 liter of oil to my VUE. So I was researching and there are 2 pages that mention that there is a PCV valve for the 3.6 engine.

I wonder if anyone has installed the PCV valve that is offered by GM as an alternative to the 3.6 LY7 engine?

Regards!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts