GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am looking to replace my trucks headlights, the front low-beam ones. It's a 06 Silverado 1500 and uses a 9006 bulb. I'm looking for those super bright lights that have the slight blue hue to them. Not looking to install the xenon bulbs, just plan on using regular, legal halogens. Here's two links:

http://www.automotivelightingusa.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10_14&products_id=1013
http://www.automotivelightingusa.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10_14&products_id=1456

If theres anything you would suggest, please post a link on where to buy them. My main concern is that they are a true white, with a slight blue hue to them.
Thank you.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the link, but I do not have that kind of money right now, and would rather just stick with the halogens. Between the links I gave you, which would you think perform better (brightest one).

·
Banned
372 Posts
Oh ok, my apologies. Personally I've never heard of Luminics, so I would go with the name brand, however the Luminics brand puts out 5150k as opposed to the PIAA 4100k. Economically, go with the Luminics, but I'm not sure if they would last. Brightness (if they are reliable with their numbers) go with the Luminics. Quality and dependability I'd go with PIAA.

With that other link I sent you, they are wonderful. I have a set of 10000k HIDs and I wouldn't trade them for anything. They light up everything!

·
Registered
533 Posts
just go with silverstars and be done with it they are at places like autozone pepboys , and even walmart

·
Registered
533 Posts
This is what i'm running

9006SU Silverstar ULTRA for Ultra Night Vision - The Whitest and Brightest Halogen

and i tell yah they are awsome out in the country with no street lights only the open road ... i was thinking of getting an HID kit but what can i really get out of it since these are bright enough to give yah deer in the headlights look when u see them running

·
Banned
372 Posts
This is what i'm running

9006SU Silverstar ULTRA for Ultra Night Vision - The Whitest and Brightest Halogen

and i tell yah they are awsome out in the country with no street lights only the open road ... i was thinking of getting an HID kit but what can i really get out of it since these are bright enough to give yah deer in the headlights look when u see them running
You can see the whites of their eyes from 100 yards away! :lol:

·
Registered
533 Posts
:rofl::lol:

what lense are you using i thought Hids melted the stocks?

·
Banned
372 Posts
No mine havent melted at all. I got rid of my stock lenses immediately...I don't like many factory parts if I can replace them. I had projector halo lenses, then I got my HIDs and the problem I ran into was that the light got trapped in the lens. I then bought a set of crystal clear lenses, installed the HIDs in them and its like someone said "let there be headlight" because the set I have lights up everything it comes close to. I have never had any melting problems or anything close to it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
crystal clears are nice guess i got some ebaying to do :)

·
Banned
372 Posts
crystal clears are nice guess i got some ebaying to do :)
This is one of those times I'd say click on my picture in my signature to go to my information page because I have all my stuff on my truck listed on there. Since that can't happen until I meet a minimum amount of posts, I'll just add the link here Jay Mack's Page. The ones I have are TYC Euro Clear Headlights, you can see the other stuff on there as well.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
This is one of those times I'd say click on my picture in my signature to go to my information page because I have all my stuff on my truck listed on there. Since that can't happen until I meet a minimum amount of posts, I'll just add the link here Jay Mack's Page. The ones I have are TYC Euro Clear Headlights, you can see the other stuff on there as well.
Well jaymack keep your steady posting up, and you'll be there in no time.

As Jaymack stated all new members must meet a minimum post count of 100 before they can have links in their signatures to other automotive sites.
But this is off topic, so let's stay on track.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
:rofl::lol:

what lense are you using i thought Hids melted the stocks?
Not sure about Suburbans/Tahoes but I have ran an HID kit on my Silverado for 6 months now without probs or heat issues. I'll never run stock headlights again after having the HID's. Night and Day difference and safer IMHO. Very easy to install, check this out.

·
Registered
380 Posts

·
Banned
372 Posts
IMO, you gotta pay up for the good stuff. Reference signature...:lol:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Your probably right. I'll ask for the nice ones for Christmas, and if I do get them, I will install them and show pictures here for those of you who are also interested in HID's.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Your probably right. I'll ask for the nice ones for Christmas, and if I do get them, I will install them and show pictures here for those of you who are also interested in HID's.
I did get new HID's for Christmas, 6000k. There now installed and they look great. HID is not only brighter, but is also cooler (temp. wise) than halogens! And the viewing distance is expanded. :party:

Heres a comparison shot of my truck outside my home garage wall. I highly recommend HID's for everyone!
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/no0b12345/g7425.jpg

·
Registered
533 Posts
it's a 50 summons if you get caught in jersey with them only thing is so many people have them my fellow boys in blue wont pull you over unless they have another reason :)

and you'l fail inspection every time

other than that they look awsome on trucks when done right :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts