GM Truck Club Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Banned
372 Posts
I did get new HID's for Christmas, 6000k. There now installed and they look great. HID is not only brighter, but is also cooler (temp. wise) than halogens! And the viewing distance is expanded. :party:

Heres a comparison shot of my truck outside my home garage wall. I highly recommend HID's for everyone!
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/no0b12345/g7425.jpg
Congrats! I told ya you'd love them!

· Registered
1,505 Posts
has anyone tried the silverstar ones? My truck doesn't deserve HID's so I'm willing to go the cheap route. :glasses:

If they're any good which ones should I get and what is the difference? H3, 9005, 9006??

· Registered
532 Posts
i'm running silverstars in mine i like them there nice and bright :)

· Registered
1,505 Posts
Are they worth getting?? By the way I figured out the numbers thing. Different number = different sizes. I'm a genius.

· Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
95CTburb19: Yes, the numbers are different sizes. For a 06 Chevy Silverado, the low beam lights were 9006 and the high beams were 9005. If you want to try the Silverstars you can however, you will be paying half the price of my HID's. I first went the cheapo route and bought generic bulbs that warped within a month of use. I'm not degrading the Silverstars, I'm just telling you your two options: buy cheap bulbs and pay a lot at first (HID) OR buy expensive bulb replacements and pay cheap first (Silverstars). HID bulbs are brighter, cooler (temp wise), and less expensive than Silverstars, with the only down side of $120 shipped on eBay versus $60 Silverstars at AutoZone.

I recommend HID's for any vehicle.

· Registered
532 Posts
only problem with HID's that they are expensive to replace and they will burn out .. but then again 60 bucks is also expensive heheh considering that you can get the Ge for 12.99 thats cheap :)

Also Hids are not DOT approved in some states ...so thats another thing :lol:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.