GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
223 Posts
I live in northern ohio and have done quite a few. Trick is to use an air hammer and "spin" the hub on the knuckle by hitting the 3 sides until it loosens up. Byfar the easiest way. Also check the inner tierods as they get loose from time to time.

· Registered
223 Posts
2wd are much easier as the cv is not in the way. To add to what i said before get a 6 point socket and hammer it on to thr bolt because if you round that head you are boned. If it is 4wd i recomend pushing the axle in and wedging another socket inbetween the cv and the back of the knuckle to give you more room to the bolts. Even if you dont have and air hammer take heavt pin or punch and spin the hub flange to free it up. Trust me once i learned this it makes it much much easier then just trying to pry it out. If you want more to do you can just take the knuckle off and press in some new ball joints that would also make the wheel bearings a breeze. Just make sure to support the lower control arm or the suspension will unload and you will have a bad day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.