GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The WH has announced that both GM and Ford has agreed to step up and start making resperators. With that being said, if I get sick, PLEASE do NOT put me on a Ford respirator,,,, PlEASE!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
The WH has announced that both GM and Ford has agreed to step up and start making resperators. With that being said, if I get sick, PLEASE do NOT put me on a Ford respirator,,,, PlEASE!!!!!!!
Is that 'Turbo' or no Turbo ? And what about a EcoBoost ventilator ? This whole episode is total BS !

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
JT, are you saying this virus is make believe?
Oh No Ray, it's for real. but I think if we just wait it out it'll be gone by June. I realize that seems like a long time, but the coronavirus doesn't read a watch and has its own timing, but since we're already practicing "social distancing" (What a unfortunate name) and there have been so many deaths and counting. We do need to keep ourselves indoors and safe. I know it's a burden, a big burden, for so many and with money tight but it's like going into a huge forest, you can only go halfway, cause at this point we are now leaving the center and walking to the other side and other side. It's going to take patience and a lot of it. We need to stop watching the news, all it's about is the Coronavirus day after day. You already know all there is to know about the situation. turn off the Tv and read a book or something that takes your mind off of it. I live south of Philadelphia, the epicenter for all of the Ambulance chasing lawyers of America. And I expect to hear of the lawsuits rising from someone who feels 'Injured' by someone else coughing or put upon by the/a store owners who allowed too many people in a store at once, or some other BS pretty soon.

I don't want any of my friends here to get or be put at risk of this virus. We can do this, it's just a change in habits. Now Kenny and New Orleans, Louisiana is ground zero. god bless you all. It's real alright, just wish the POTUS would pick one frame of mind and stick with it. First it the greatest enemy, next day he wants it gone by Easter ???? Really, maybe he knows more than I. "But I really only know what I read it the paper" Will Rogers was right again.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I know the comment about Ford respirators was probably a joke, if I needed one I certainly wouldn't refuse it. Just glad that Fiat apparently won't be building them. BTW, Ford did an excellent wartime job in WWII building Jeeps (Willy's couldn't meet the demand) and B-24 Liberators.

·
Registered
13,025 Posts
I could be wrong about this, I don't think Ford, or GM are actually going to build the respirators. As I understand, they are asking their suppliers to make the parts required and to ship the parts to the companies that actually make respirators.

The reality is, where would GM, or Ford, build respirators, their assembly lines would have to be retooled.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
JT, are you saying this virus is make believe?
I don't know if this is the truth or not...... but if you look around the deep ends of the internet the Department of Justice indited 3 Chinese Nationals working in research or something in some high level capacity for (in indirect wording) for stealing this virus, taking it to China and then it got exploited somewhere along the way and that this virus is "possibly" a form of population control.

Again not enough data to make to determine anything either way..... but this actually happened back in January..... It is near the end of March now, but the news just wants to incite panic everywhere.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
I don't know if this is the truth or not...... but if you look around the deep ends of the internet the Department of Justice indited 3 Chinese Nationals working in research or something in some high level capacity for (in indirect wording) for stealing this virus, taking it to China and then it got exploited somewhere along the way and that this virus is "possibly" a form of population control.

Again not enough data to make to determine anything either way..... but this actually happened back in January..... It is near the end of March now, but the news just wants to incite panic everywhere.
Ah, No. This was just funneled out that "This" convid19

Well, it seems not, However at this point, I personally think we need to concentrate on the eradication of the damage here now. It seems to me as a really risky thing to transport or try to repurpose a virus as a 'Weapon'. There is no way to keep from infecting yourself, so to intentional modify it, is crazy. Not that it couldn't be done, but to what end?
Sorry, conspiracy theorists. Study concludes COVID-19 'is not a laboratory construct'
KATE HOLLAND
Good Morning AmericaMarch 27, 2020, 5:00 AM EDT

Sorry, conspiracy theorists. Study concludes COVID-19 'is not a laboratory construct'

Conspiracy theories claiming COVID-19 was engineered in a lab as part of a biological attack on the United States have been gaining traction online in recent weeks, but a new study on the origins of the virus has concluded that the pandemic-causing strain developed naturally.
An analysis of the evidence, according to the findings first published in the scientific journal Nature Medicine, shows that the novel coronavirus "is not a laboratory construct or a purposefully manipulated virus," with the researchers concluding "we do not believe that any type of laboratory-based scenario is plausible."
"There’s a lot of speculation and conspiracy theories that went to a pretty high level," Dr. Robert Garry, a professor at the Tulane University School of Medicine and one of the authors of the study, told ABC News, "so we felt it was important to get a team together to examine evidence of this new coronavirus to determine what we could about the origin."
Tune into ABC at 1 p.m. ET and ABC News Live at 4 p.m. ET every weekday for special coverage of the novel coronavirus with the full ABC News team, including the latest news, context and analysis.
PHOTO: This handout illustration image taken with a scanning electron microscope shows SARS-CoV-2 (yellow)also known as 2019-nCoV, the virus that causes COVID-19isolated emerging from the surface of cells (blue/pink) cultured in the lab. (National Institutes of Health/AFP via Getty Images)

PHOTO: This handout illustration image taken with a scanning electron microscope shows SARS-CoV-2 (yellow)also known as 2019-nCoV, the virus that causes COVID-19isolated emerging from the surface of cells (blue/pink) cultured in the lab. (National Institutes of Health/AFP via Getty Images)
Dr. Francis Collins, the director of the National Institutes of Health, supported the study’s findings, writing on his blog, "This study leaves little room to refute a natural origin for COVID-19."
Researchers concluded that the novel coronavirus is not a human creation because it does not share any "previously used virus backbone." It likely arose, the study said, from a recombination of a virus found in bats and another virus, possibly originating from pangolins, otherwise known as scaly anteaters.
MORE: Coronavirus live updates: US now leads world with over 82,000 cases
COVID-19 is 96% identical to a coronavirus found in bats, researchers said, but with a certain variation that could explain what has made it so infectious.
"We know from the study of other coronaviruses that they’re able to acquire this [variation] and they can then become more pathogenic," Garry told ABC News. "This is a good explanation as to why this virus is so transmittable and has caused this pandemic."
PHOTO: This handout illustration image taken with a scanning electron microscope shows SARS-CoV-2 (yellow)also known as 2019-nCoV, the virus that causes COVID-19isolated emerging from the surface of cells (blue/pink) cultured in the lab. (Handout/National Institutes of Health/AFP via GettY Images)

PHOTO: This handout illustration image taken with a scanning electron microscope shows SARS-CoV-2 (yellow)also known as 2019-nCoV, the virus that causes COVID-19isolated emerging from the surface of cells (blue/pink) cultured in the lab. (Handout/National Institutes of Health/AFP via GettY Images)
The mutation in surface proteins, according to Garry, could have triggered the outbreak of the pandemic, but it’s also possible that a less severe version of the illness was circulating through the population for years, perhaps even decades, before escalating to this point.
"We don’t know if those mutations were picked up more recently or a long time ago," Garry told ABC News. "It’s impossible to say if it actually was a mutation that triggered the pandemic, but either way, it would have been a naturally occurring process."
And while many believe the virus originated at a fish market in Wuhan, China, Garry said that is also a misconception.
"Our analyses, and others too, point to an earlier origin than that," Garry said. "There were definitely cases there, but that wasn’t the origin of the virus."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts