GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new here. I own a '99 Sierra (see attached) and was easily able to adjust the front ride height when I installed my 285-75-16 BFG's with the torsion bar suspension. My buddy just bought an '07 Silverado and wanted me to raise his front end a bit to level the truck out. I crawled under and low and behold, no torsion bar suspension. When did they change back to coil spring front suspension and why? What can I do to raise the front end on his truck? Coil spring spacers? Just wondering what my best course of action is to help him out. Thanks. very cool site, BTW. :great:

Jeff

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
The other big change is the move to rack and pinion steering which adds complexity to a lift. See a great video covering lifting the 07's at: superlift.com
Check out the superlift site. It looks like you can get a 1.25" front lift kit pretty cheaply, but the higher you go the bigger the hit on your wallet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link to the superlift site. Very nice stuff. I think all he really wanted to do was level the truck - sits with a good bit of rake from the factory. My torsion bar front suspension was a cinch to raise slightly - took me a total of 2 minutes. I think his truck will sit the way it is ... I don't have time to put a lift kit in for him. :lol:

Jeff

·
Registered
98 Posts
if all he wants to do is level the truck out there is another solution. the 07 sit high as **** anyway so i would just get the 2 inch drop shackle for the back, takes about 30 min to install i got mine for my 04 for 40 bucks. it will just bring the back down and make the truck sit level, like i said the 07 sit really high anyway it should do the trick he wants until he can spring for a nice lift kit, then he can always sell the shackles to someone else.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I leveled my truck with the Rough Country Leveling Kit; it lifted the front of my truck about 2 inches, and now it sits perfectly leveled (and looks WAY better than stock!)

The cost of the kit was about 70 bucks, and it was fairly easy to install (about 2 hours).

Here's a pic of it before:

...and after:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I leveled my truck with the Rough Country Leveling Kit; it lifted the front of my truck about 2 inches, and now it sits perfectly leveled (and looks WAY better than stock!)

The cost of the kit was about 70 bucks, and it was fairly easy to install (about 2 hours).
Your truck looks great! I definitely like it better sitting level. Is this the kit you purchased? rough country Is that your truck in the ad? :great:

Jeff

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ordered the kit form Rough Country for my friend and I'll have here Monday. He checked at a local light truck parts supply house and they wanted $179 for the Rough Country kit ... what? $70 direct from them. He's a computer illiterate and not much of a mechanic, either - So, I ordered it online for him and I'll be installing it for him, too. LOL If I remember, I'll snap some before and after pictures of his '07. Thanks for the info and I think it's exactly what he wanted.

Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts