GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RIDE OF THE MONTH??

This is my '04 silverado. gaylord fiberglass toneau cover, LED taillights (incuding turn signals), LED front turn signals and daytime running lamps, LED 3rd brake light, vinal pinstripe flames, dip 20" wheels (24" boss soon, ya!!), kenwood 7019 double din cd/dvd/ipod/navi/bluetooth head unit, kicker L7 10" sub, alpine 600w RMS amplifier, rockford cap, infinity ref. 6.5 components, infinity 4x6 in the rear, blue LED insturment cluster conversion, i think thats about it.......

·
Registered
307 Posts
very nice, if i ever bought a 2wd it would probably look pretty close to that when i finished it, good luck on ROTM!!!

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Very Nice!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Very Nice Truck :great:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Very nice! love the blue interior lights. Do you find it any better driving at nite? Was it alot of work?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice! love the blue interior lights. Do you find it any better driving at nite? Was it alot of work?
its not really any "better" at night, but it looks alot sweeter thats for sure!! it was alot of work. i had to wire the blue LED's in with resistors on each. i also had to add a few more than was originaly there because LED's are so dirrectinal, there was alot of dark spots and really bright spots. there is about 8 along the MPH alone. 4 along the fuel, temp, etc. theres easily 100 throughout the whole interior. i also did the window and lock controlls on the doors, as well as the headlight switches, air bag display, pretty much everything that was white OEM is now blue LED!! i love it!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
That truck looks really nice :great:
Which Boss rims are you getting? I have #331 and I love them. I recommend HID headlights to you. And I bet the Gaylord toneau cover cost a pretty penny, I can't afford one but I am looking to buy one. Great ride dude.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
nice truck man that blue in the interior is awesome lookin!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That truck looks really nice :great:
Which Boss rims are you getting? I have #331 and I love them. I recommend HID headlights to you. And I bet the Gaylord toneau cover cost a pretty penny, I can't afford one but I am looking to buy one. Great ride dude.
thanks for the comment!! i actually do have HID's....i forgot to mention that!! (i knew i would forget something!) im lookin at the boss 333's (in black) right now. im trying to see if the guy will go down in price a little. the toneau cover was a pretty penny! i love it though, it was worth it. i got it about 3 years ago. i wanna say it was $1,100...i think... later!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
its not really any "better" at night, but it looks alot sweeter thats for sure!! it was alot of work. i had to wire the blue LED's in with resistors on each. i also had to add a few more than was originaly there because LED's are so dirrectinal, there was alot of dark spots and really bright spots. there is about 8 along the MPH alone. 4 along the fuel, temp, etc. theres easily 100 throughout the whole interior. i also did the window and lock controlls on the doors, as well as the headlight switches, air bag display, pretty much everything that was white OEM is now blue LED!! i love it!!
Little obsessed with the blue LED's are we? J/k. But ilke the way you go about things. All the way or don't go at all!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Little obsessed with the blue LED's are we? J/k. But ilke the way you go about things. All the way or don't go at all!
ha ha ha!! actually, all the guys at work make fun of my LED obsession!! its so funny! i have always ben like that, i like lights! the funny thing is, well, let me give you a quick rundown....im a mobile entertainment installer at best buy. when we install remote starts, they come with blue LEDs. but since its a remote start and not an alarm, i just keep them!! so all the LEDs i used to do the conversion are the ones that i have ben hoarding in my tool box!!! think about it...thats alot of remote starts!!!

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
hahah thats pretty sweet. what best buy do you work at?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Thats great that you have HID's. I looked up the Boss rims you were talking about. They look nice, but are similar to #327 in black which is what I would recommend for your truck. Anyhow, LED's are an awsome invention, and I too am crazy about them. Look at my Xbox lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.