GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice that gas prices have risen sharply in the last two weeks. :-(

·
Registered
282 Posts
Not a good sign, it was $2.39 for the 87 octane unleaded here late last week, down to $2.21 again now.

I will be riding the pedal bike to work occasionally just to save a little milage (won't hurt me to get a little excersize either) ;-)

G

·
0 Posts
We actually just saw an increase from $2.21 to $2.41 on average. Thankfully I only work about 5 miles from home, so I might just have to start biking it. Problem is that I leave work around 11:30pm. I'd hate to get run down by some drunk driver.
Sadly I don't think we're ever going to see prices below $2.00 unless it's some kind of surplus like in 2000.
That was nice, I saw prices as low as $.76/gal! :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
oil companys suck!
unless you have stock in them of course. remember what i said a while back about ethanol. most of the new burbs 2000 and newer can take up to 85% ethanol, check your owners manual but even my 86 will take a 15% mix. still haven't heard back from the government about my permit to make my own

G

·
0 Posts
Is your '86 TBI, or Carb? I know the switch over to TBI what around that time, and I had a '87 c10 pickup that was TBI.
Are you waiting on the Fed or local government for your permit?

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
86 is crb. and i'm waiting for the feds. i may never get it, they dont like to give them out but my local ag agent is triing to help.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, it's gone up considerably in the Dallas / Fort Worth area. It was $2.00 like 6 weeks ago. Now it's like $2.30.

G

·
0 Posts
Yeah, we're pretty well spoiled by the lower gas prices that we have compared to the rest of the world. But don't let that fool you into thinking we won't complain about it....lol :lol:

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually, they just said on the news that there was a $.01 / gallon drop in price for gas this last week in Texas! :)

That's going to save me about $1.60/week! :)

G

·
0 Posts
Ok, I nearly had a heart attack on my way to pick of the kids from the baby sitters. I drove by the local cumberland farms (Gulf) station, and the price was $3.17/gal :evil:

WHAT?!?!?! I know it's labor day weekend coming up, but is this price gouging or what! :shock:
Last time I got gas was 4 days ago at $2.49/gal. In two days prices went up over $.60/gal.
this is starting to make the last gas crunch look tame!

Peter, your impco setup is starting to look better and better!!!!

At these prices it will cost me over $135.00 to fill up if I run the tank to "E"
(Since I get paid bi-monthly, that's a very strong possibility that I'll hit "E" before I get paid again.)

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They're saying that gas prices will hit $4/gallon across the country before it levels off.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
$3,09 yesturday morning. $3.29 last night on my way home.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
great place for prices and i;m going to use it.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, I go to gas buddy all the time. It's worth it, sometimes you can save up to $.25/gallon, for a big tankfull you're talking about $7 or so difference in a fill-up. Do that consistently over a year or so and you can maybe save $100 or so.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Gas in Mansfield, Texas (where I live) seems to be about $2.85 or so for the moment. :) I never thought I would be happy to see prices that "low".

1 - 20 of 33 Posts