GM Truck Club Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
i think this might be my next mod...... been noticing some funny rear end things when i get on it hard on dry pavement.

Alex

I realize this is an old thread but just wanted to say thanks to all who contributed to this. It helped me make the decision to get RAS for my 04 Silverado 1500 4x4 with 5.3l engine and it was well worth the money spent. I had a lot of trouble with axle wrap and wheel hop on hard acceleration and it was completely eliminated. The truck has > 150K miles on it and RAS improved handling while empty and carrying loads tremendously. One of the best upgrades I have ever made to any of my vehicles in terms of bang for the buck. Definitely is a better result than Firestone air bags I installed on another truck.

I am still watching this! Are there anymore satisfied with this setup?

I've been emailing Ryan about getting RAS for my 2015 GMC 2500HD. I've asked if he'll still honor the original $320 shipped deal. This looks like a great solution to help with level when I tow my 2016 Wildcat (2200# payload). I'll continue the tread when I report back.
UPDATE: After a few exchanges Ryan has explained that there have been a couple of price increases since that old 2012 club offer. He did however come through with an offer for $50 off plus free shipping. The new list is $399 plus about $20 for shipping ($420) so Ryan's offer at $349 is a sweet deal for club members.

I've been emailing Ryan about getting RAS for my 2015 GMC 2500HD. I've asked if he'll still honor the original $320 shipped deal. This looks like a great solution to help with level when I tow my 2016 Wildcat (2200# payload). I'll continue the tread when I report back.
Thanks! Part of my Income Tax $$ will go towards this.

Have you heard back from him yet? I am ready to Buy if we could get that deal!

I'm resurrecting this thread again since I feel it's worth it with new trucks being purchased.
I stumbled upon this thread while looking for some tips on installing a pair of Rough Country traction bars.
After reading the installation instructions, having to drill a large hole into my frame, I decided NOT to go with the RC traction bars and instead check out RAS system.
Currently they have a 7% discount which brings the price just below $400...same as the RC bars. I asked if they would do a 10% discount, but haven't heard back from them yet.
I'll be shipping out the RC bars when I get my RMA # and purchasing the RAS system.
I'll do a write up once I get it and have it installed...looking forward to installing and test driving the system.
I'm hoping it helps a lot with roll when making turns...I'm a former SCCA guy, so always wanting to limit vehicle roll even if this is a truck.

Thank you for all those that did a review on this product, it helps those that are in search for a good system for the best back for the buck!

Update:
I placed my order yesterday with Nolan, and asked for the 10% discount, which he honored.
Not as good of a price as years ago, but still a good deal for $389 and free shipping.

Now to wait for the arrival of the product.

Auto part Tire Automotive wheel system Automotive tire Automotive exterior
Update II - I was able to do the install on Saturday in the very very cool Texas weather.
All went well and took about 1hr to do everything including moving cars around to acquire max space to work on the truck.

Product was boxed/packed very good...box in a box, the exterior box had a tear, but not the interior box.
The instructions were ok, but I watched a YouTube vid first.
If you watch the YouTube video, be sure you watch the updated one with the current RAS...the mounting is a little different.
I didn't have to use a wrench to make the adjustments, I just turned the coil spring and got a good workout for my forearms.
Did a test drive and tried to cause some over-steer, which is very easy to do with a truck, but the RAS limited the over-steer to a minimal swing.
Now I think I need to level off the front, as the back looks to be higher than what it was however, I also think that may be my imagination.
I didn't do a before and after measurement, so I don't know for sure, but I think the truck needs a leveling kit anyway.

Thank you to the OP, as I would not have known about this system, and thank you Nolan for giving me an additional discount.

I'm glad I installed the RAS system and recommend it to anyone looking to control the back end of the truck while making turns with or without a load.

Aloha!
Woody

Sounds good. After you drive your truck with a heavy load ( like a full cord of firewood) you'll really appreciate this system. It works great to help control heavy trailers too, doesn't allow the trailer to toss the truck around as much.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.