GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's today i figured i would try somethin out that i found online. I took off all my center cap's off my rockstar's and shortend the plastic pieces that the allen bolts go into. I cut them so about a inch is left for each individual one and made sure they were even by measuring them and also saning them down to make sure they are smooth and even. I tried putting them on but the allen bolt's are WAY too long now!! I also took the star's off and plan on painting them black too!

Does anyone know which size allen bolt i would need now to make them fit? Also how will i find out the correct measurement for this? I know i could prob. pick some new allen bolt's up at a local hardware store. Anyway anyone with some help will be much appreciated!

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Also i plan on painting the star's i already have them taken off just gotta remove all the chrome and a quick paint! I guess i can get done by tomorrow since all i gotta do is buy some allen bolt's and strip the chrome off the star's!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well i finally gathered up enough bolt's to fit my center cap's since i cut them down and i had too go to 3 different place's to find a 1 1/2 inch allen bolts 16 of them. The rockstar's look allot better because now they almost sit directly on the rim without any gap at all compared to before. I'm holding off on painting the star's black for right now. What would be the best gloss black spray can i can get and also possibly a clear coat to go over them? I guess the easiest way would be to sand the chrome off the plastic but any other suggestions would be nice..!!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
08-12-11_0002.jpg Here is how close they sit to the rim now compared to sticking out 2 inchs off the center of the rim. I think they look way better than before.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts