GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally broke down and bought a gallon of the dupli-color bed liner. I've been debating on getting it for quite some time. I really like how it turned out.

Here's my next project... The bed is in need of it bad and I plan on hitting the roll bar with it while I'm at it.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Looks good did you roll it on?

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
That looks real good! Nice job.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Looks good. How hard was it to do yourself? I have been debating doing a roll on myself. How does it hold up? I am constantly loading ladders, scrap metal, and other misc garbage. I am stuck between Dupli Color and the Bed Armor

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good. How hard was it to do yourself? I have been debating doing a roll on myself. How does it hold up? I am constantly loading ladders, scrap metal, and other misc garbage. I am stuck between Dupli Color and the Bed Armor
It wasn't really hard it's just a bit tedious. You've got to clean it real well then scuff and clean again and then roll/brush in a few coats. It's not a difficult process just a very time consuming one. As for the durability of it, I have no clue yet. It sat in the sun all day today to help cure (instructions didn't say anything about it but it makes me feel better). I really don't abuse the bed that much, the most I ever carry back there are a few fishing poles and my bike.

·
Registered
17 Posts
When I had my first silverado, I put a self roll in liner on. It was ok for the price. I did notice after a couple years that it could have used a touch up (that might have been due to some poor prep though). Over all good for the price I'd say. But I do love my spray in I have now.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Great job, looks professional.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! So far no chipping or fading!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Looks awesome! I could mistake it for a professional job. No doubt it was cheaper than i paid for mine LOL

·
Super Moderator
3,377 Posts
Can you take a close-up picture to help illustrate the texture of the bedliner, if there is any? I like the coarseness of the professional spray-in bedliners.

·
Registered
954 Posts
How much did it run you? Im interested in removing my GM plastic one for a roll on.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Great job, it does look good. Any reason why you chose not to do the bed rail tops?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wow looks great Much better than the Hurculiner that I used, I am very interested on how it stands up as Mine did not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts