GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of its an 08 Silvy Z71. I was wondering if there are any issues with putting a roll pan on these trucks...Mainly concerning the trailer hitch. Ive noticed on some of them there is a hole behind the license plate hitch to go through....Does that hole line up with the existing hitch or do you have to either replace or modify it? Just thinking out loud here but pictured in my head it seems like the one on the truck now (factory hitch) would actually hang below the roll pan and also stick out further.

Any thoughts or tips from experience would be awesome.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
First of its an 08 Silvy Z71. I was wondering if there are any issues with putting a roll pan on these trucks...Mainly concerning the trailer hitch. Ive noticed on some of them there is a hole behind the license plate hitch to go through....Does that hole line up with the existing hitch or do you have to either replace or modify it? Just thinking out loud here but pictured in my head it seems like the one on the truck now (factory hitch) would actually hang below the roll pan and also stick out further.

Any thoughts or tips from experience would be awesome.

Thanks
You want to search the web for "hidden hitches". They are designed to work with roll pans. I dont tow with mine so I wasnt to worried about it and removed my hitch. It did not hang down below the roll pan. I have 08 Sierra.

The roll pan you get usually has to have a license plate holder that flips down to get to the receiver.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts