GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a slight water leak from the shark fin antenna in my 2016 Express. I called the dealer for a quote to fix it (something that they are well aware of & should have a free TSB repair) & they said just under $400.00 parts & labor.
$170.00 of that for the "new design" antenna. I found an AC Delco replacement on rock auto for around $80.00, but I am hesitant to mess with taking down the headliner due to the side curtain airbags... Has anyone done this? Any tips & tricks to dropping the headliner. There are a few vids on you tube, but only pickups, no vans.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a slight water leak from the shark fin antenna in my 2016 Express. I called the dealer for a quote to fix it (something that they are well aware of & should have a free TSB repair) & they said just under $400.00 parts & labor.
$170.00 of that for the "new design" antenna. I found an AC Delco replacement on rock auto for around $80.00, but I am hesitant to mess with taking down the headliner due to the side curtain airbags... Has anyone done this? Any tips & tricks to dropping the headliner. There are a few vids on you tube, but only pickups, no vans.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took the easy way out & sealed the antenna to the roof with some flex seal caulk. So far so good!

Reactions: OpalLacod
1 - 4 of 4 Posts