GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the front rotors of my wife's 1500 LT 4wd 2001 burb.

Couple of questions:

1 - when I look it up it's asking me with or without slip axle. how would I know which one I need?

2 - what's the best rotors out there?

3 - any suggestion where I can get them on-line?

4 - any how-to DYI?

The rotors have been turned 2x already, I think it's time to change them olut just need to know where and how to?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Front rotors aren’t bad. Do yourself a favor take digital pictures if at all possible, you will thank yourself later.

For stopping power they have slotted and drilled one, can’t remember who right now. Maybe available local parts stores. I always call the four parts store in town and then try online. You maybe surprised at what’s available locally.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
where are you looking it up?
Some of these places are so wrapped up in the details that they loose sight on the goal.

I had a similar problem with a water pump on my burb. One store offered clockwise and counter clock wise rotation pumps. The reality was that my burb never had an offering with a clockwise pump, so why the store offered it, blows my mind, but it made for a confusing situation.

Autozone has a listing for just the front rotor on a 2001 burb 1500 4wd here, (and there's no question of axle type)
http://www.autozone.com/selectedZip,02816/initialAction,partProductDetail/initialpartType,00854/initialR,APP1104022/initialvehicleId,2659001/shopping/selectZip.htm

For reference Partsamerica/Advance Auto was the place I had trouble with my water pump, and autozone only offered counter clock wise. So if I had just gone with AZ in the first place I never would have had a problem.

I hope that helps. Keep us posted on your findings.
If all else fails pm me with your RPO codes (listed in your glove box), and I'll decode them for you. Maybe that will help you identify which axle you have in that burb.

Good luck :great:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Honestly if your using your truck to go frequently on long long road trips, or braking really hard, get the cross drilled rotors, if not call up any parts store and ask for an "economy" or "2nd line" or in other words cheapest set of front rotors they got, i picked up rotors the other day for an Accord, and they were my cost 9 bucks they are all the same **** if you ask me just order the 2nd line rotors and youll be good.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Summit Racing shows two different part numbers. One for Suburban with rear drum or the other for those that have rear disc brakes. They have cross drilled and slotted from $65 each which is a good price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts